Albert’s guest is Adrian Day, president of Adrian Day Asset Management.
- The market’s focus on the Fed is overdone
- The Fed won’t raise rates dramatically in an election year
- It starts to get interesting when rates get to 4-4.5%
- Alan Greenspan says if the government is spending the money we simply have to print the money
- Greenspan is exceptionally intelligent and remarkably sharp
- We may see a recession next year
- I feel very positive about gold now
- I am buying at $1166 per oz.
- If gold moves meaningfully above $1200 we could have a serious rally
- We’re shifting toward gold stocks over gold bullion
- I don’t like buying the index of gold stocks
- The gold companies with the weakest balance sheets often have the greatest performance when gold rallies
- I’m quite sanguine on China
- It’s clear that China is still growing despite the poor stock market performance and lack of transparency
- We prefer to invest through Hong Kong
- Hong Kong is probably the best market in the world right now
- Attractive stocks are trading well below their historical book value
- I’m attracted to copper in the next few years
- Oil won’t recover for some time
- I like some of the big integrated oil companies
References & Links We Talked About
WB Wealth Management: An independent registered investment adviser
This program is for informational purposes only and is not an offer or recommendation to buy or sell securities or alternative investments.
Not a substitute for professional financial advice.
Thanks for Listening
We are glad you’ve come by to listen in on The Power & Market Report.
Please help us spread the word by sharing it or emailing Albert through the social media buttons at the top of the post. It would help us immensely and we appreciate it.
We always welcome your comments about the show and would love to field any questions you have so we can deliver the kinds of episodes you want to hear.
Thanks again to Adrian Day for joining us on the show!
About Albert K. Lu
Whether you’ve been in the investing game for decades or are just starting to plot out your financial strategy, you’ll find host Albert’s insights and big-picture awareness of breaking news essential to sound investing. Albert gathers big guns at the top of their games around his virtual roundtable for a refreshing talk about financial success and investing acumen. Whether they are professional athletes, economists, restaurateurs, or top doers from another walk of life, guests engage with Albert, who provides the perfect sounding board for an intelligent discussion about entrepreneurship and real-life application of economic principles to current events and market forces.
Albert’s money-management approach focuses on wealth preservation under the umbrella of Austrian economics principles. In addition to The Power & Market Report, he is the host of The Economy, a podcast featuring weekly news and opinion. If you want to learn about the true foundation to sound investing and successful entrepreneurship, Albert’s podcasts are a good place to start.