Albert’s guest is Louis James, a commodities expert and senior investment strategist at Casey Research.
- Rick Rule, Doug Casey, and Louis James spoke recently at Cycle 2025 – http://cycle.liberty.me
- There’s no real indication of a bottom in commodity prices
- Dividend cuts are not done– “not by a longshot”
- The big companies didn’t take good advantage of the good days in commodity prices; instead they bloated their budgets and committed to unsustainable dividend increases
- Nobody is going to cut oil output
- This makes it very difficult for the big oil producers
- Current market conditions favor profitable junior producers over exploration
- The problems in Puerto Rico are real but it’s not Detroit
- The government is making genuine cuts in spending because they have no choice
- This crisis could be good for Puerto Rico in the long run
References & Links We Talked About
WB Wealth Management: An independent registered investment adviser
This program is for informational purposes only and is not an offer or recommendation to buy or sell securities or alternative investments.
Not a substitute for professional financial advice.
Thanks for Listening
We are glad you’ve come by to listen in on The Power & Market Report.
Please help us spread the word by sharing it or emailing Albert through the social media buttons at the top of the post. It would help us immensely and we appreciate it.
We always welcome your comments about the show and would love to field any questions you have so we can deliver the kinds of episodes you want to hear.
Thanks again to Louis James for joining us on the show!
About Albert K. Lu
Whether you’ve been in the investing game for decades or are just starting to plot out your financial strategy, you’ll find host Albert’s insights and big-picture awareness of breaking news essential to sound investing. Albert gathers big guns at the top of their games around his virtual roundtable for a refreshing talk about financial success and investing acumen. Whether they are professional athletes, economists, restaurateurs, or top doers from another walk of life, guests engage with Albert, who provides the perfect sounding board for an intelligent discussion about entrepreneurship and real-life application of economic principles to current events and market forces.
Albert’s money-management approach focuses on wealth preservation under the umbrella of Austrian economics principles. In addition to The Power & Market Report, he is the host of The Economy, a podcast featuring weekly news and opinion. If you want to learn about the true foundation to sound investing and successful entrepreneurship, Albert’s podcasts are a good place to start.